The position Quality Engineer includes Hardware industrialization, New Product Introduction and Quality assurance. Scope involves basic knowledge in electronics, mechanics, materials, chemistry and strong knowledge in production processes and quality standards. The Quality Manager reports directly to the Production Director.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Ownership/control of technical documentation/drawings and maintain quality on documentation
• To increase quality and lower costs in new products and in already existing products (i.e. with introduction of new production tools/procedures)
• To find best production solution (i.e. injection moulds vs CNC reworks)
• Product industrialization: to find right electronic components/solutions to have the best price/timing ratio, managing components obsolescence, working closely to R&D and Design dpt.
• To draw manufacturing processes and modify them to guarantee quality standards and ensure continuous improvement
Qualifications and/or Experience:
• Minimum a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree or Professional Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Knowledge of quality industrial standards
• Experience in quality management
• Proficiency in AutoCAD (2D and 3D), Rhinoceros and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of fast prototyping and 3D printing
• Knowledge of plastic Injection moulds
• Knowledge of CNC machining