Embedded systems engineer for the software development of the hotel automation system and IoT infrastructure. It includes requirements analysis and specification, software design, implementation, debugging, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Our systems cover a wide range of embedded aspects across software and hardware development in the enterprise automation and control domains, including areas such as RTOS, wireless protocols such as BLE, ZigBee, and WiFi, sensors such as touch and others.
This role is focused on the integration over WiFi, BLE, ZigBee, and other wireless communication protocols internally to our devices and third parties on various chipsets/modules.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Analyze, review, create and contribute to the product requirements specifications
- Prepare documentation for the architectural and protocol specifications, workflows and system design
- Contribute to the selection of hardware components and modules with regards to their implications on software development
- Developing the firmware for the various RF modules
- Develop the integration software and specifications with third party systems using industry-standard or proprietary protocols
- Developing QA procedures and automated testing for the development team in the domain of wireless RF modules
- Writing test cases and executing tests
- Testing radio module range and performance
- Taking overall ownership of the release of radio hardware and software to the market
- Be a subject matter expert on RF modules in the company
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Capability to design and implement firmware, and to write documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Electronics, Electrical, or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge and understanding of Agile software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- Minimum of two years of experience in embedded software or hardware development
- 1-3 years of experience in embedded system development
- Knowledge of C, and Python
- Experience with WiFi, ZigBee, and BLE
- Experience with UART, SPI, I2C, Modbus, RS485, RS232
- Experience with RTOS and understanding of the related concepts
- Good knowledge of digital and analog electronics
- Ability to use logic analyzers, digital storage oscilloscope, and multimeter
Beneficial & Desirable:
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with WiFi modules from Espressif
- Experience with Zigbee RF modules from TI
- Experience with BLE modules from Cypress and Nordic Semiconductors
- Experience with mobile development for BLE applications
- Experience in lighting, HVAC control, and automation
- Experience with Azure or AWS IoT cloud solutions